Cornwall Games was founded in 2019 as a network of video games developers wanting to socialise and connect. We cover Cornwall, Isles of Scilly, Cornish who may have moved away, and those developers who wish to move to the area.
We’re not just about Video Games. We’re keen to involve Board Games, Live Games, Escape Rooms, Arcades, Serious Games, Immersive Media using Games Technology such as VR and AR, Freelancers, Work for Hire Studios, Middleware and Games Services too. Our minds are open to any interactive medium and we welcome anyone from full-timers and games students to hobby games developers.
We have this website to share information, in-person social meetups, an online Slack social space, and are wishing to grow our community. We use this website to share information and opportunities, in-person meetups and showcases, and an online Slack social space that is free to join. Just contact us if you would like access.
The Importance of Games
Games are what we grow up with. Children, and even wild animals, create and play games as they are a critical way of learning skills and about their own abilities. Games can be commercial, profitable, but they can also be art – a way of communicating a narrative, an idea, a feeling. They can be used to teach, train, engage and their techniques are used in all industries and daily life – called ‘gamification’.
The entertainment Video Games Industry is growing year on year. Cornwall Council has recognised the importance of the games industry to the creative sector and its importance to the Cornish economy via its Creative Manifesto.
Video Games Software:
Video Games Hardware:
Video Games Culture:
- Be a social and supportive network of existing developers
- Support new developers & students, and those who wish to move into the area
- Aid in the development of games careers for young people in Cornwall
- Share job and tender opportunties
- Lobby for more national regonition of the Cornish Games Industry and for more national game events to be held in Cornwall
- Be a touch point for public outside of the industry
- Inform local public and businesses of the local games industry
- Show the public other uses of games such as for art, education, learning and engagement
- Inform the world of the whereabouts of Cornwall and it’s games industry
- Export Cornish culture worldwide
Please use the following Bio should you wish to cover anything related to Cornwall Games. An asset pack containing our logo in multiple forms and some images from the community has been put together and the download link is below.
Bio: Cornwall Games is a community of Cornwall & Isles of Scilly-based game developers and businesses. Cornwall Games’ aim is to support and highlight the talent of local developers, demonstrate the services and games produced by local businesses, and export Cornish culture to the rest of the UK & worldwide. We also wish to promote games and related industries within Cornwall and show that Cornish young people don’t have to move away to have a career in games.
Image Pack: Click here to download
If you’d like to talk to us about an opportunity or to find out more about who we are and what we do, please get in touch using either the form below or by sending us a DM on our Twitter account @CornwallGames.